I've been in college for four years, I've changed my desk around plenty of times. But I've FINALLY got it the way I want it.
So I have a before picture of my desk which I like to call a "Organized Mess"...
Nothing really had a place, I just put stuff where ever it fit. I bought the Desk at Office Max for around $250 I believe.
I put everything in its own little place. I'm a very organized person, so to get the place I spend about 85% of my time during school clean was a must. I used stuff I had laying around in storage to help get it to work for me.
1. My Wall Calendar..
I bought this at Hobby Lobby for around $11 (with a 40% off coupon).
I write down all my due dates for school, doctors appointments, days I work. I then cross it off when I'm done. I will eventually take those clips and write down #1, #2 for things I need to do in what order.
Heres the calendar filled out with my school things.
2. Shelf organization..
This is my favorite thing about this desk.
The first shelf (to the left)... has all my bill, college, and a small random notebooks and folders.
The middle one has my binder I plan on using for this Fall, along with a clipboard.
Last one has my wedding binder, an my 5 subject notebook I use to write random stuff in.
The top shelf has receipts, one of my books for the Fall, and my iPad. The bottom shelf has all my school books for this Fall.
I also have an assignment book where I keep track of all my homework (bottom right corner).
3. The drawer on this desk is honestly a POS. But I really don't open it a lot so I deal with it.
4. My Filofax sit here so their easy to grab. The small one is my Budget/ Finance keeper. The big red one is well my everyday planner.
I also have a coaster, so my drinks don't cause a ring on the desk.
5. Since I don't use my drawer a lot I have this desk organized (I got it from Target). I put my everyday things here; scissors, pens, pencils, glue, post-its, stapler, tape, highlighters, etc. Then I have my post it organizer I got from Big Lots. I also have my Staedtler Pens, which I must say, are the BEST pens ever. Kind of in the picture I have my cuticle oil and hand lotion.
6. This index card holder of course holds all my index cards. I study with them, so I have a TON! Also bought from Target.
7. The desk has four of these shelves, the top one pictured has all my Filofax/planner items in it. Such as stickers, my sticker maker, all my avery labels, etc. The bottom one (sorry I thought I had a better picture) has all my extra notebooks and folders, along with my paper cutter, and hole punch. The drawers I bought from Michaels a long time ago. The two shelves not picture hold my DVD player and child books.
I love having this new desk I can spread all my homework out, and I just feel more productive with everything organized.
If you have any questions, just ask.